Angelo Merendino/Getty Images
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider\’s roundup of all of the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you should consider today. Join up here to have this email delivered direct in your inbox.
The cryptocurrency sell-off has become being known as a “bloodbath” by commentators while it enters a 3rd straight day\’s declines. Listed below are every one of the theories explaining the crash.
Here are definitely the current standings since midday Wednesday:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $10,309 (-9.1%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $904 (-15.0%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.04 (-9.5%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,581 (-10.4%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $170 (-9.1%)
- Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan said using a call with reporters that customers were this is buy bitcoin in other accounts – just through Merrill Lynch, the bank’s wealth management arm.
- Cryptocurrencies are tanking, but long-term investors may see this before. In fact, right here is the third year successively that bitcoin – plus the overall market for digital coins – has plunged in the 2012.
- The Winklevoss twins may see about $600 million wiped off their bitcoin wealth in barely A few days.
- The massive amounts of electricity necessary to mine bitcoin will benefit these 5 stocks, Morgan Stanley says
- Companies that pivoted to crypto will also be getting whacked amid the sell-off.
- Ripple\’s cofounder often have lost nearly $12 billion as XRP will continue to slide.
- Finally, a startup that wishes for being the Airbnb for ones stuff raised $25 million within a cryptocurrency and funds fundraising round.